I absolutely love this exercise. And I think you’re really going to love it too once you try it out! Here’s a way to kill your core, get a great upper body workout, and train balance as well. And that’s with this KB Windmill.
Primary Muscles Targeted
1. Decide the side you want to start on. Step out so one foot faces toes front, and the other foot faces toes out – rotating that hip open.
2. Take a kettlebell press it overhead with your opposite arm (to the foot that’s rotated out). Rotate your wrist so that the palm faces forward.
3. Keeping the kettlebell locked out at all times, push your butt out in the direction of the locked out kettlebell.
4. Bending at the hip to one side, sticking your butt out, slowly lean until you can touch the floor with your free hand. Keep your eyes on the kettlebell that you hold over your head at all times.
5. Pause for a second after reaching the ground and reverse the motion back to the starting position.
Stay nice and steady with this motion, keeping the core tight, belly drawn in, and those arms locked out. You don’t have to go super heavy to get the full benefit of this motion!
Perform as many reps as you please, and then switch to the other side.