Power Dumbbell Bent Over Rows are a GREAT exercise to shape up the back, and get the legs involved as well. Blast calories, tone, & sculpt w/ this one.
Take advantage of the fast pace and explosive motion to increase power output in the body. This is an all around great exercise to add to circuits, super sets, and giant sets. You can even rock them out on their own. Let’s break them down.
Power Dumbbell Bent Over Rows
Primary Muscles Targeted
1. Start in a bent over position. Think about trying to keep your spine straight, hips back, head up, belly drawn in.
2. Grab a pair of dumbbells, holding them at your sides. Draw your elbows back into a row position. Squeeze the shoulder blades together.
3. Step back into a lunge with one leg – keeping your weight on the front leg. The weight distribution is about 80% front leg, 20% back leg. This is going to put a lot of extra pressure on the front glute and quads. As you go into that lunge position, extend your arms down towards the floor. Try not to round your back, maintain a neutral spine.
4. Pop back up into the beginning position, ending with your feet together, and back into the back row.
5. Quickly alternate and switch to the other side, and repeat for the number of reps on your program. This motion should be FAST and EXPLOSIVE. So you want to really move your body and the weights through space – with control.